Wednesday 25 April 2018

Halloween stories: Disappearances

This is becoming a bit of a tradition at school now. Students write horror stories set at school. This year, our 4º ESO students have written the following stories. Enjoy!



Disappearances 

It all started on Friday October 27th, when an ordinary student called Sarah asked if she could go to the bathroom in the middle of math class.

Her friends said that she had probably skipped school to meet her boyfriend, so everyone believed it without a doubt.

On Tuesday (I didn’t go to school on Monday), I found out that three more girls had skipped school on Monday. That was weird. Some of the most common questions students asked themselves where “Are they hanging out together outside school?” “Why is suddenly everyone skipping school?”

Those questions changed drastically the next day, when three more girls had disappeared, all from different grades, and when the girls that had “skipped” school on Monday didn’t show to school the following day.

“Why were only girls skipping school?” Some people even wondered whether they were “skipping” school or it was something else. But what else could it be?

Sarah and the girls that disappeared on Monday didn’t show to school the following days and no one had heard from them. Their parents were very worried and no one understood what was going on.

There were three things these girls had in common: they were all girls, they were all Secondary students, and they had all disappeared after they  had asked to go to the bathroom in class. Was someone kidnapping them on their way to the bathroom? Or was something happening in the bathroom?

There was something else happening those days: the girls’ bathroom was smelling really really badly, but that was a normal thing, so nobody gave it much thought.

That afternoon, we all heard a loud scream and everyone rushed into the girls’ bathroom situated in the corridor. We found a girl from year 8 shouting at the top of her lungs. She was pointing at the cleaners’ cupboard door, which was slightly open. A teacher opened the door and we all had a moment of shock, the kind of shock caused by horror. The bodies of the four girls that had disappeared were piled and dismembered in that closet. Who on Earth was capable of doing that?

The following hours were really messy, I don’t remember much. The police was came, the teachers were trying to keep everyone away from the bathroom. As I walked away from the bathroom, I made eye contact with a cleaning lady. I didn’t know her, but the instant our eyes met I felt there was something weird about her, I don’t know how to explain it but she was just not right. I pointed at her and told my friend Tyler to look, but it was too late because she had already started walking away. Tyler and I went to take a walk around the school so we could clear our minds. As we walked, I told him my suspicions. This dialogue is very present in my mind. 

“So what did you mean about that cleaning lady?” he asked.
“I don’t know Ty, there was something weird going on with her. Maybe it was the look on her face, or her eyes. I don’t know how to explain it.”
“Well, maybe it’s a product of your imagination, caused by the shock of seeing those dead girls.”
“Maybe it is, I don’t know.”
“Oh my God! What is that?” he said pointing at something lying on the ground behind a tree. It was a dead body.
“Tyler, that’s the dead body of the cleaning lady,” I said pale as a ghost as I came near and saw the face of the body.

Then, I saw the “thing” that had the face of the dead cleaning lady. It was walking towards us.

I  suddenly felt the need to run, every cell on my body was terrified, but I couldn’t move. She kept coming closer and I couldn’t move, I was shouting inside “Move you idiot! Why aren’t you moving?!” But my body didn’t respond.

She went for Tyler first, it wasn’t human at all. It opened its mouth and I could see from where I was a thousand of fangs of all types and sizes.

It had been a very bad idea to go on our own when there was a killer in school. I realized that too late. Its fangs were already around my neck.


By E. Ugalde and E. Landaluce

No comments:

Post a Comment